At start of the day
- Arrive at the club between 08:00 to 09:00.
- Find the flying list either in the Clubhouse or in the Launch Point Vehicle (LPV) and add your name to the bottom of the two-seater or single seater column.
- Assist the Duty Instructor and Launch Point Marshall in inspecting and refuelling the ground equipment if cleared to do so.
- Take parachutes in their bags to the LPV, and the laptop computer
- Assist the Duty Instructor and Launch Point Marshall to unpack the glider hangar and perform the Daily Inspections (DI) if cleared to do so.
- Following guidance from the Duty Instructor, set up the airfield for flying
- Round up the sheep into the enclosure
- Position and setup the winch, tow out the cables with the Discovery (Disco)
- Position and setup the LPV
- Attend the daily briefing
Flying commences with club members taking an active role in the following tasks
- Attach the cable to the glider about to launch and signal to the log keeper
- Run with the wing
- Logkeeper logs the flights
- Retrieve the gliders with the Landrovers or Kubota
- Tow out the cables with the Discovery (Disco)
- Drive the winch
At the end of flying
- Before putting gliders in the hangar, help wash the gliders and remove flies from the leading edges
- Under guidance from an Instructor, pack the hangar, ensure parachutes are removed and batteries put on charge
- Return all ground vehicles to the ground equipment hangar and plug the LPV into the charging point
- Let the sheep out
For more detailed instructions and guidance please read Operations and Ground ops manuals (pdf)