You can buy a Trial lesson voucher for yourself or as a present for someone else.
- A voucher is valid for 12 months from the Date of Purchase.
- Older vouchers are not eligible for revalidation.
- A voucher includes three months membership to the Devon and Somerset Gliding Club, effective from the date of the Trial lesson.
- A voucher entitles the holder to one Gliding lesson from an aerotow launch plus further flights during the three months Temporary Membership as a normal club member at normal club rates.
- All lessons are with a qualified B.G.A. instructor in a two-seat glider.
- To ensure safety, cameras and phones may only be taken in the glider if a neck or wrist strap is used.
- Accompanying visitors are welcome, but must follow airfield layout and safety notices
- The actual length of a flight is entirely dependent on the prevailing weather conditions but will generally be 15-20 minutes (maximum 30 minutes). Mile High flights are generally 25-30 minutes (maximum 60 minutes).
- If an aerotow launch is unavailable you will be offered an alternative of two winch launches. If you prefer an aerotow launch, your Trial lesson can be rescheduled.
- If a Mile High flight is unavailable due to low cloudbase, you will be offered an alternative of two 2000ft aerotows, or your Trial lesson can be rescheduled.
- Mile High flights are no longer offered for sale, but valid Mile High vouchers will be honoured.
- Trial lessons are bookable on our normal flying days - Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday as shown on the Trial Lesson Booking Calendar.
- We strongly advise you to call the club on the day to confirm that the weather is suitable for your trial lesson. Should it be unsuitable, your flight will have to be rescheduled.
- DSGC will refuse to fly any person who appears to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs, or is in any other way unfit to fly at the appointed time. Under such circumstances, the voucher will be deemed to have been used and no refund / alternative time will be offered.
Please make sure that you check the restrictions on pilot height and weight before purchasing a Trial lesson voucher. Young people under the age of 18 will require a parent or guardian's written consent. Also there are a few medical conditions which may make it unsafe to fly.