View from the west
Notice to Visitors
Welcome to North Hill, home of the Devon and Somerset Gliding club. We are pleased to see you, and want your visit to be enjoyable and above all safe.
North Hill is an airfield! For your safety, and that of others, please follow these simple rules:
- Park only in the immediate vicinity of the clubhouse, unless directed otherwise by a club member.
- When outside the clubhouse, always keep a good lookout - not just for gliders and other aircraft, but also for vehicles moving about the site.
- When watching flying activities, or waiting for your trial lesson, stay close to the launch point vehicle, and well clear of the operating areas.
- Do not move onto the operating areas, unless you are under the direct supervision of a club member.
- Do not move from one side of the airfield to the other, unless you are under the direct supervision of a club member.
- When moving from the clubhouse end of the airfield to the western end, keep to the footpath running along the airfield boundary.
- Children must be kept under close control. The airfield is not a play area!
- Dogs must be kept on leads at all times.
- If in doubt about anything, ask a club member for advice.