In 2013, Competition Enterprise was held by Devon & Somerset Gliding Club (DSGC) at North Hill, to celebrate 40 years since inception.
Competition Enterprise was conceived by Philip Wills in 1974 and run by John Fielden up to his death in 2002. It continues to be held every year at a variety of gliding sites around the UK.
Our prime aim is to maximise the soaring day-
- in-flight Pilot-selected tasks to make better use of the weather
- opportunities for free-distance tasks
- innovative task-setting rarely using the closed-circuit racing format of other competitions
- syndicate scoring - we score the glider, not the pilot, so you can share the flying
- open to any pilot with a Silver C
- tasks accommodate all types of glider – glass and wood, small and big wings, with or without engines; BGA handicapping applies
- discounted entry for Vintage Gliders
- half-price entry for Junior pilots, Enterprise scholarships also available